The Pen Den

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A writer's hideaway stocked with pens, ancient inkwells and plenty of fun!

4 posters

Do you write, or just read fan fiction?

Olivia Henderson
    Olivia Henderson

Do you write, or just read fan fiction? Empty Do you write, or just read fan fiction?

Post by Olivia Henderson Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:02 pm

I never write fan fiction. I have read some though; I have enjoyed a little about LOTR. Not that I've read much of it, but I have read some.

Do you write fan fiction? Do you read a lot of fan fiction.

Out of interest, if you do write it, what makes you want to write it? Is it just because you love the characters so much, or are there other reasons?
    Mercia Dragonslayer
    Editor
    Editor

Are you a published author : not really...

Do you write, or just read fan fiction? Empty Re: Do you write, or just read fan fiction?

Post by Mercia Dragonslayer Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:32 pm

Mmm. I love fanfiction... Mostly, I read it, but I do write some. I have a Doctor Who / Harry Potter crossover that's been sitting unposted for a while... Maybe I should get on that. XD

Anyway. If I've read the book/seen the movie or TV show, I read fic about it. XP And I read crossovers with anything except manga and anime.
    Elly of Zoriah
    Elly of Zoriah

Are you a published author : No

Do you write, or just read fan fiction? Empty Re: Do you write, or just read fan fiction?

Post by Elly of Zoriah Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:14 pm

I enjoy writing fanfiction. (I must get Lady Aris Lillylight from HWFF over here, I know she writes fanfiction too. Very Happy) Generally I do not read very much fanfiction unless it's by an internet friend of mine. I'm very cautious about reading fanfic, there can be lots of not-so-great things (and there usually is Neutral).

I like writing Doctor Who fanfic, Star Trek fanfic, and some old TV show fanfics. Captain Nemo from HW and I have lots of ideas for fandoms colliding! Twisted Evil
    Olivia Henderson
    Olivia Henderson

Post by Olivia Henderson Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:08 pm

You guys will have to share some of your fan fiction writings. Very Happy
    Taisia Tinuviel
    Taisia Tinuviel

Location : Where you think I'm not and not where you think I am... ;)
    Are you a published author : No

Post by Taisia Tinuviel Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:47 pm

I did write a short story for Heartless by Anne Elisabeth Stengl (which I posted on here). That's the first fan fiction story I've ever written. I don't tend to read much of it though, because it just doesn't feel genuine. I prefer to read an original story, because then the author knows more of what they're writing about and can make up their own world. I found it hard writing in someone else's world.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:57 pm