The Pen Den

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A writer's hideaway stocked with pens, ancient inkwells and plenty of fun!

3 posters

Collecting Old Books Guild

Olivia Henderson
    Olivia Henderson

Collecting Old Books Guild Empty Collecting Old Books Guild

Post by Olivia Henderson Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:05 pm

I love old bookshops; they're like a step back into the past, I often think. I love it when I buy an old book, and I find a really old letter in it, or postcard.

I enjoy collecting books; I am an avid reader, although I do not read as much these days as I used to. But I still love reading. When I was a little younger, I collected old school boy stories; some by Gunby Hadath, T.B Reed and so on. I loved them, and I haven't got rid of them, because they are like keepsakes. Smile I really do treasure them. You know when you can look over things that you used to read, etc.

So do you like collecting old books? What kind of books do you like to collect?
    Taisia Tinuviel
    Taisia Tinuviel

Location : Where you think I'm not and not where you think I am... ;)
    Are you a published author : No

Collecting Old Books Guild Empty Re: Collecting Old Books Guild

Post by Taisia Tinuviel Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:08 pm

Same! I love old books (though I usually don't have the money for them Rolling Eyes )!

Last edited by Taisia Tinuviel on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Aubrey Hansen
    Aubrey Hansen

Are you a published author : Aye

Post by Aubrey Hansen Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:10 pm

I love old books mostly for their appearance--old books are beautiful! (I am fond of old things and vintage-look, you see. Smile ) I actually craft with them instead of collect them, at this time, because I don't have a place to display them. But should I ever have a house of my own, I'd really like to decorate with some old books. You can often find old books cheaply if they are not rare titles--library used book sales are great places to look.

I do have an almost century-old copy of Little Lord Fauntleroy by Frances Hodgson Burnett which I am keeping for myself, as I adore that book! it's so nice to have a beautiful old edition of it. Smile

I agree, Olivia--I love the inscriptions and occasional memento you find in old books!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:49 am